About Touch TENS Pain Relief Console
Flip design dual channel digital TENS machine for unbeatable pain relief. Features a wider range of variations than other TENS machines. Stick on the electrodes, adjust the digital settings and reduce your pain.
TENS is recommended throughout the world by pain clinics and physiotherapy departments because there is strong scientific evidence that proves it works to relieve pain.
Some examples of conditions helped by TENS are:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Period and Labour pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
How Does the Touch TENS Reliever Work to Relieve Pain?
Everybody suffers from pain at some stage of their lives, but not everybody wants to tackle it by taking endless drugs and experiencing invasive surgical procedures. An effective, powerful alternative is the medically-approved electrotherapy known as TENS.
- TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
- It consists of a small unit, attached to the body via electrode pads, through which a harmless electrical signal is passed.
- The sensation is not painful or unpleasant, and can be likened to "pins and needles", or even gentle massage.
- This signal triggers the nerve endings, activating the pain gate and boosting the release of endorphins.
- The pain gate effectively stops pain signals from reaching the brain, whilst endorphins are the body's own natural defensive mechanism to ease pain.
The TouchTENS represents incredible value; an extremely powerful TENS unit, at an affordable price for everyday use. Using digital technology, it operates at the touch of a button with precise settings, doing away with the irritation of fiddling with dials and buttons. The seven clinically-researched preset programmes offer relief against the pain caused by almost all conditions, from arthritis and back pain to sciatica and cancer.
What Comes in the Touch TENS Reliever Box?
The Touch TENS machine features:
- LCD display to clearly show the TENS machine settings
- Dual Channels, meaning it has two pairs of adhesive electrodes so they can be positioned to treat pain over a wider area
- Independent Intensity Controls so the strength in each 'channel' can be altered independently
- Timer settings can be set to constant or treatment durations of 60/45/30/15 minutes
- Frequency settings from 1Hz to 150Hz, which means that the TENS machine can be set anywhere between 1 pulse per second and 150 pulses per second
- Battery powered - Included are 2 x AA alkaline batteries, 2 x leads, and a pack of 4 electrode pads
- Fully portable and only 400g in weight.
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURERS OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
The additions of a timer, two-way belt clip, lock button and two-year guarantee mean that the TouchTENS is a simple, practical way to manage your pain.
Who Can and Cannot Use The Touch TENS Pain Reliever?
If you suffer from epilepsy or a heart rhythm problem, are fitted with a pacemaker, or your pain is undiagnosed, you should NOT use the TouchTENS. You may wish to discuss your options with your doctor or specialist.
If you are pregnant, the TouchTENS must not be used during the first 37 weeks, or on the abdomen at any point, as it may induce early labour. Please note that the TouchTENS is not a maternity TENS.