About Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light VAT Ex
The Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light (LSB)
A simple and effective lightbox ideal for use in the home or the office
- 30-60 minutes use each day
- 10,000 Lux at 25cm distance
- Use upright
- Flicker Free - immediate, comfortable light with no stroboscopic effects
- Excellent reading light
What is SAD?
With each new season, there comes a change in our metabolism, mood and behaviour. Animals, unlike humans, adapt to these changes efficiently: hibernating in winter; hunting more in summer.
Many people find that their sleep becomes disturbed during the longer winter months.
They require more sleep, tend to eat more and dislike the shorter days.
It's common to refer to this state of mind as the 'winter blues'.
Unfortunately, though, some people suffer these symptoms quite profoundly and are said to be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD for short.
Serotonin (the 'happy hormone') levels increase with exposure to bright light
Light is also linked to serotonin (also known as or 5HT), a neurotransmitter in the brain which is responsible for feelings of well-being and happiness.
This makes sense because low serotonin levels can cause depression and if you're depressed it can be difficult to concentrate and complete what would normally be simple tasks.
Evidence has shown that serotonin levels increase with exposure to bright light from a unit like the Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light (LSB) - SSRI drugs prescribed by the doctor can have the same effect.
You need at least 2500 lux each day to help with SAD - the Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light is a brilliant 10,000 lux!
What Are the Symptoms of SAD?
Around the beginning of autumn until mid-spring, SAD sufferers will experience some, if not all, of the following symptoms:
- Sleep disturbances - sleeping more, but waking unrefreshed. Difficulty getting out of bed and craving a nap in the afternoon.
- Propensity to overeat - SAD sufferers tend to crave carbohydrates which, due to their lethargy, they do not burn off and thus gain weight.
- Depression, despair, anxiety and stress
- Tiredness and lethargy - even the simplest tasks seem like too much effort
- Physical aches and pains in the joints
- Personal issues - avoidance of company, loss of libido and irritability
- Behavioural problems - particularly noticed in younger people
- Lowered immune system
Why Not Watch our Video about SAD?
This informative video will help you to understand the symptoms and causes of SAD a little better, and also help you to decide if a SAD product will help you overcome your problems.
Save Money - Pay No VAT!!
Lightboxes are a medical product and if you are suffering from the symptoms of SAD and buying for domestic or personal use (for your or someone else in your household that suffers), you are entitled VAT relief. Simply sign the VAT exemption form sent with the goods.
Please note if you do not return the form we will have to contact you to take payment for the VAT.
Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light VAT Exempt Version
VAT Exemption ONLY.
You are claiming VAT relief if you, or a member of your household suffer from SAD.
Price is £127.65
Medisana Phototherapy Unit SAD Light VAT Inc Version
VAT Inclusive Version
Price is £153.18 inclusive of VAT. You should choose this option (below) if you are not suffering from SAD.