In Stock, Order Now!
www.peak-nutrition.co.uk / brand / contrelle / contrelle_activgard_30.htm
About Contrelle Activgard - Pack of 30
Contrelle Activgard for Stress Incontinence - pack of 30
A new approach to solving the problem of stress incontinence in women:
- Works actively, rather than passively
- As invisible and discreet as a menstrual tampon
- Can be worn for up to 16 hours each day
- Does not compress the urethra, but supports the neck of the bladder allowing for natural bladder control.
What is the Contrelle Activgard?
Contrelle Activgard is an innovative way to alleviate the symptoms of stress incontinence when the pelvic floor has weakened due to childbirth, changes during the menopause or other aging processes.
When the pelvic floor has weakened, there is a slight fall to the bladder and the angle of the neck of the bladder alters meaning that the muscles in the pelvic floor are no longer as efficient when put under sudden stress like coughing or sneezing.
Contrelle Activgard has been designed so that, when placed into the vagina, it lifts the bladder, thus correcting the angle of the bladder's neck and preventing or reducing the loss of urine, even when under stress.
Equally importantly, the user is still able to urinate normally without having to remove the Contrelle Activgard.
How is the Contrelle Activgard used?
The Contrelle Activgard is made from soft, moulded foam plastic which, when inserted correctly into the vagina, unfolds to give the bladder a gentle support.
It is as easy to use as a tampon and cannot be felt or seen.
When saturated with water prior to insertion, the Contrelle Activgard will not absorb the natural moisture of the vaginal mucosa which can cause dryness, imbalance or infections.
The Contrelle Activgard can be used for up to 16 hours each day but should be removed prior to sex and only used under a doctor's guidance during pregnancy.
During menstruation, you will probably need to change the Contrelle Activgard every 4-6 hours and to be used in conjunction with external sanitary protection: you cannot use tampons with the Contrelle Activgard.
- To start with, the Contrelle Activgard must be saturated with normal, clean water
- Stretch it over the applicator by placing the string in the notch at the bottom and pull the Activgard over the rounded top
- Insert the applicator and Activgard into the vagina as far as the rings on the applicator
- The string can then be slipped off the notch and the applicator removed, wherein you should clean it ready for the next use
- The Activgard is removed by pulling gently on the string which will lie on the outside of the vagina
Some Final Points to Note
Available in Three Sizes
The Contrelle Activgard is available in three sizes and therefore, the user may need to experiment a little to get the correct size to suit. Please select the size you need from the options below. Size one is the smallest; size two medium and size three the largest.
If you've never used Contrelle Activgard before, you may like to try the Starter Pack first. The Starter Pack is available here.
Some women may experience a little discomfort at first until they get used to the Activgard, but this is not unusual, nor is it likely to be permanent.
Contrelle Activgard & Toxic Shock Syndrome
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is rarely experienced. Of the few cases which have been reported, half of these were in women who used tampons with super-absorbency.
The Activgard is entirely non-absorbent when it has been saturated with water prior to use.
No Change in pH or Bacterial Conditions
Studies carried out in Denmark have shown that there are no changes in vaginal pH or natural bacteria when using the Contrelle Activgard. Nor were there any incidences of vaginal or urinary infection, or irritation of the mucous membranes.
Please note that this item is not eligible for any further discounts.
Nobody has written a review about this product yet! All reviewers entered into monthly draw for £25 Voucher
Ask a Question
- Question: i Hve been using activgard size 3 and sometimes there is still a little leakage, does this mean I should try a smaller size ie. no. 2?
- Our Answer:
Hello, yes, we would recommend the smaller size, or possibly buying the Contrelle Starter Pack, that contains a variety of sizes for you to try. Many thanks