About Lumie Zip Lightbox
The Lumi Zip Lightbox
Totally portable light therapy when and where you need it
- 2500 Lux at 50cm
- Typically 30 mins at 50cm to treat SAD
- 3-position stand to ensure light hits the back of the eyes
- Rechargeable battery
- Travel wallet
- 45 x blue-enriched white LEDs
- Lightweight - only 350g, not including charger
- 10 x 18 x 4cm
What is the Lumie Zip?
The Lumie Zip is the 'small but powerful' light therapy option. The LEDs emit white light with extra blue light which is particularly useful for circadian rhythms. As it is both portable and rechargeable, you can use the Zip at home, in the office, or even when travelling.
It's designed to leave you feeling invigorated and energised - quickly and safely
What is SAD?
With each new season, there comes a change in our metabolism, mood and behaviour. Animals, unlike humans, adapt to these changes efficiently: hibernating in winter; hunting more in summer.
Many people find that their sleep becomes disturbed during the longer winter months.
They require more sleep, tend to eat more and dislike the shorter days.
It's common to refer to this state of mind as the 'winter blues'.
Unfortunately, though, some people suffer these symptoms quite profoundly and are said to be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD for short.
Serotonin (your 'happy hormone') levels increase with exposure to bright light
Light is also linked to serotonin (also known as or 5HT), a neurotransmitter in the brain.
This makes sense because low serotonin levels can cause depression and if you're depressed it can be difficult to concentrate and complete what would normally be simple tasks.
Evidence has shown that serotonin levels increase with exposure to bright light from a unit like the Lumie Zip- SSRI drugs prescribed by the doctor can have the same effect.
You need at least 2500 lux each day to help with SAD
What Are the Symptoms of SAD?
Around the beginning of autumn until mid-spring, SAD sufferers will experience some, if not all, of the following symptoms:
- Sleep disturbances - sleeping more, but waking unrefreshed. Difficulty getting out of bed and craving a nap in the afternoon.
- Propensity to overeat - SAD sufferers tend to crave carbohydrates which, due to their lethargy, they do not burn off and thus gain weight.
- Depression, despair, anxiety and stress
- Tiredness and lethargy - even the simplest tasks seem like too much effort
- Physical aches and pains in the joints
- Personal issues - avoidance of company, loss of libido and irritability
- Behavioural problems - particularly noticed in younger people
- Lowered immune system
Why Not Watch our Video about SAD?
This informative video will help you to understand the symptoms and causes of SAD a little better, and also help you to decide if a SAD product will help you overcome your problems.
Save Money - Pay No VAT!!
Lightboxes are a medical product and if you are suffering from the symptoms of SAD and buying for domestic or personal use (for your or someone else in your household that suffers), you are entitled VAT relief. Simply sign the VAT exemption form sent with the goods.
Please note if you do not return the form we will have to contact you to take payment for the VAT.
Lumie Zip VAT Exempt Version
VAT Exemption ONLY.
You are claiming VAT relief if you, or a member of your household suffer from SAD.
Price is as below
Lumie Zip VAT Inc Version
VAT Inclusive Version
You should choose this option (below) if you are not suffering from SAD.
This Lumie Product comes with a 3-year warranty for faults which does not cover the bulbs: the bulbs come with a 1-year warranty