About DS Labs Nirena
DS Labs Nirena
The first cleanser scientifically formulated for optimum feminine hygeine
- Gentle organic gel
- Made from naturally derived high-performance extracts
- pH-balanced precisely for the vaginal environment
What is Nirena?
Nirena is a new, scientifically formulated organic gel which helps to prevent various vaginal infections and maintain a healthy vaginal environment.
The vagina, like other orifices in the body, is not protected by skin - rather by the mucosa. Although the mucosa offers protection, nutrient absorption and the secretion of mucus, enzymes and salts, it needs to always remain soft and supple and is therefore it is not appropriate to cleanse it with normal soap.
Nirena maintains the natural pH levels of the vagina (between 3.8 and 4.2) due to its unique ingredients such as Brazilian peppertree extract.
Nirena contains NO harsh chemicals such as are found in cheap, commercial cleansers.
The Brazilian peppertree extract has been found to protect the delicate balance of the vagina's flora and can help to protect against infections such as bacterial vaginosis and thrush.
A 1974 study used this extract effectively to treat 100 patients with chronic cervicitis and vaginitis. Nirena is the only commercially available female intimate cleanser to contain Brazilian peppertree.
By maintaining pH balance, Nirena preserves vaginal flora and protects women from infections which can cause itching and dryness.
How Do I Use Nirena?
Use Nirena as part of your daily bathing routine.
Simply dispense a small amount onto damp hands or a wash cloth and work gently over the vulva and vaginal opening. Then rinse thoroughly.
As with soap, Nirena may remove medical creams which have been applied prior to washing. If you are using such products, simply reapply after cleansing with Nirena.
Some Other Important Tips
- Bathe daily. Use Nirena around the vagina instead of a soap or douche. Pat (don't rub) the area dry with a clean towel.
- After using the lavatory, wipe from front to back to avoid spreading faecal bacteria to the urinary tract and vagina.
- Don't use feminine hygeine sprays as these can cause allergic reactions and bacterial imbalances.
- Don't douche - the chemicals contained within douches can dry out and irritate the vagina, destroy the natural bacteria and help to spread infections.
- Avoid coloured or perfumed toilet paper and perfumed sanitary products.